Sea hotel private beach sestri levante hotel deal B&B sestri levante bed and breakfast liguria About us
At the end of the 19th century Mr. Frederick Jensch converted the beautiful Palazzo Giustiniani, located on the left side of the mouth of the river Gromolo and once owned by the Church, into a superb hotel.
It was open all year round and frequented by the best international clientele, offering an almost royal hospitality, equipped with 130 elegant rooms of which some even reached the waters edge, offering every comfort imaginable such as an elevator, central heating, an international library and telephone, as well as boats for hire, beach services and parking for both cars and horse drawn coaches.
The hotel was well renowned for its excellent cuisine overlooked personally by the owner who demanded only the best foods, preferring the products of the fertile local Sestrian plains.
On the 10th of August, 1930, The Grande Albergo 'Jensch', was the headquarters for the First "Eastern Barcarolata", an event that still takes place every year in the Bay of Silence every last Sunday of July.
From the 1950's to the late 1980's The Grande Albergo belonged to the Westermann family before passing to its present ownership in July 2003